Just to get everyone up to speed here...
(1) Guns. I grew up with them. My father was a hunter, had law enforcement authority in his job with the New Mexico State Game & Fish, and slept with a loaded revolver close by. When my parents moved to Idaho, one of the first things they did was get concealed carry permits. I learned how to shoot at a fairly early age. It's challenging! It's fun! My father never took me hunting; I rather wish he had. I have now lived in two cities (New Orleans and DC) that have been "murder capitals" and where handguns daily cause horrific death, grief, and anguish to families. Thus, I never want to have a gun in my house or around my family. The NRA president is a nutjob that not even NRA members agree with, yet he holds disproportionate lobbying sway. I fully support hunters. I fully support responsible, educated gun enthusiasts. I do not think just anyone should be able to own a semi-automatic assault rifle. I do not think a concealed carry law in Colorado would have done anything but kill and injure more innocent people. If you are truly a responsible gun owner, and truly interested in protecting America, you really shouldn't mind a little regulation. It is utterly ass-backwards that driver's licenses, automobile ownership, and voting have more regulation than instruments which are specifically designed to kill people and things.
(2) Chick-Fil-A. Won't ever eat there. I now know where Chick-Fil-A president Dan Cathy spends his money, and I am not going to be part of that. Miss Zoot also pretty well covered all the bases (bravo!). I also don't even know where a Chick-Fil-A is. There's not one in my neighborhood, and well, I never leave it, really. Nonexistent problem solved.
(3) Yep. Still pregnant. 19 weeks! ALMOST HALFWAY. Little fluttery, swooshy, baby kicks, which are the only cool thing about being pregnant. I just want to drink booze, eat, and dress like a normal human again. Sigh.
(4) I posted that photo above on my Flickr photostream pretty early in the morning yesterday. Within a couple of hours, it had 15 views. Whaaat? I'd posted also to Instagram, but it doesn't link with Flickr. I don't cross post to Facebook. I checked back again today, and there are over 40 views of this photo. I am beginning to be a little creeped out. It's not even close to the inexplicable fetish-like popularity of the Gratuitous Fat Guy photo, but still.
(5) I like this photo of my girl's ridiculous curly hair first thing in the morning.
(6) House renovation: Before!
(7) House renovation: DURING! Holy crap, demolition and destruction. Our contractor rocks. He keeps e-mailing us real-time photos of the work in progress from his iPhone. I love technology. I kind of wish I had a webcam in my own house.